Thread: TrueVector is getting crashed!

iceprincess Guest

Default TrueVector is getting crashed!

Hi,

I'm using zonealarm for last 4 years and it was the best firewall before the version 6.5.722.000. Since I've installed this version, I'm having alot of troubles. It would keep crashing after few mins and sometimes freezing my computer. I get this msg ALOT in a day, and i've to close/restart my computer my times a day to keep firewall running. You could imagine how frustrating that could be. I've uninstalled/re-intall zonealarm many times, I cleaned my inernet log files, I tried every way, but it wont stop crashing. Here is the message i get.

First i get this message.

TrueVector Service has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Then i get this message

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/6822/vsmonxe2.jpg

And when i check my windows log and see the error message, I found this

Faulting application vsmon.exe, version 6.5.722.0, faulting module msvcrt.dll, version 7.0.2600.2180, fault address 0x000372e3

Are zonealarm guys gonna fix bugs in this version of firewall or we should simply switch to another firewall. please help me to solve it, Its getting so frustrating.

Im using following programs with ZA

Kaspersky AV 6.0
    Windows Defender

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.5

rootz Guest

Default Re: TrueVector is getting crashed!

I'm sorry I can't help you but I just wanted to say, that I'm having the same problem.

I too have been using ZoneAlarm for a long time (since version 4,5 or something like that..). I've never had any problems with it until the version 6.5.700.

Vsmon.exe keeps crashing every once in a while. However most of the time it restarts itself automatically and then works again. Sometimes it requires a reboot.

I'm now using version 6.5.731 and it still keeps crashing. Can anyone help us with this problem?

billc Guest

Default Try This

True Vector should not be crashing that often. Sometimes upgrades don't go so well and you need to pull all of the Zone Alarm files out and start again. Try a 'clean' uninstall followed by a all new fresh install. Go into the start menu locate the zonelabs entry and right click on the uninstaller and select properties. Now in the target box you must add a space and then /clean to the end so that it looks something like this "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe" /clean click apply and then OK. Next open ZA and turn off the load on boot option, then reboot and then run the uninstaller.This should get rid of all of ZoneAlarm. Now go to your windows temp folder and delete everything. Find the folder named Internet logs and delete it then empty your recycle bin.

For the IcePrincess with Kaspersky, I think the version 6.0 has an "anti-worm" feature in it that conflicts with Zone Alarm and is redundant. Turn off that feature after you follow the above steps.

rootz Guest

Default Re: Try This

Thank you for the help.

However I just installed a fresh copy of Windows XP and it solved all my problems. Something must have gotten bad with the previous installation of ZoneAlarm.

Thread Information