Thread: Initializing

romelian Guest

Default Initializing

When I boot up ZA used to start quite quickly,I have in the last couple of days upgraded Norton System Works from 2005 to 2006 prem..and now when I boot up I receive a menu which says "Zone Alarm is initiallizing but if I want to shut down press cancel"Then I get a warning from Norton to say my Firewall is not switched on?What is going on please

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:

muffincharizard Guest

Default Re: Initializing

Norton System Works doesn't come with its own firewall does it?

Download ZoneAlarm free, then disconnect from the Internet. Go to start > programs > Zone Labs, right click "Uninstall Zone Labs Security" and select properties. For the Target: field, change

"C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe"

to

"C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe" /clean

and press OK. After that's done, go back to start > programs > zone labs and click on "Uninstall Zone Labs Security". When uninstallation is complete and the computer restarts, install ZoneAlarm again.

romelian Guest

Default Re: Initializing

Hi Muffin,Thanks for your reply,however,when I followed your instructions after filling in the target field in properties I received a message as follows"Path and file name not valid".Stymied?.I have removed the ZA program via the uniinstaller and re-installed from a disc.I will see now if that has solved the problem.When I bought NSW prem.I also got a free Norton Firewall but all the info from various sourcestells me that ZA is the best so that is what I prefer to have.Thanks again

Thread Information