Thread: Curious banner problem

enfieldian Guest

Default Curious banner problem

<DIV align=left>:0Can anyone help?
    <DIV align=left>
    <DIV align=left>
    <DIV align=left>There are two computers in my home both of which have Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite installed. A curious problem has occurred which I would like advice on?
    <DIV align=left>
    <DIV align=left>My wife has designed some banners which was done with Image Composer. Each of these banners is hyperlinked to Shops on cafepress. A curious problem has occurred on her computer that when ZA ISS is working normally the banners disappear from the page. They are are there but cannot be seen on my wife's computer. By disabling ZA ISS the banners appear on the page as normal. I have checked the setting whereby banner/skscraper ads shows that these are allowed. The problem becomes even more curious in that the computer I use also has ZA ISS installed (my wife and I have seperate ZA id's) and these banners appear with no problem.
    <DIV align=left>
    <DIV align=left>Can someone please explain what may be done to correct the problem on my wife's computer. It seems as though it is something with Zone Alarm. To help the website page is http://www.truebritsjournal.co.uk/links/cafepress.htm.
    <DIV align=left>
    <DIV align=left>Thanks

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Please do not post in all caps.

Message Edited by MuffinCharizard on 08-20-2006 10:10 AM

Message Edited by enfieldian on 08-21-2006 02:26 AM

muffincharizard Guest

Default Re: CURIOUS PROBLEM

I attempted to view the website but the server couldn't be found.

Go to the privacy tab, click the site list tab, scroll until you see the site, right click it, select options and uncheck everything for each tab (thus allowing everything for the site). Clear your browser cache, close your browser, then open it again and see if the site works.

If that does not work...

Go to the program control tab, click the programs tab, right click internet explorer (or whatever browser you use), select options and uncheck "enable privacy for this program". Clear your browser cache and try again. See if it works, then privacy back on and report your findings.

enfieldian Guest

Hi thereThanks for the reply. I will try what you suggest and let you know the outcome. Apologies about the website address, I mistyped it. It should be http://www.truebritsjournal.co.uk/links/cafepress.htm . I have amended the URL on the original message.Steve

Message Edited by enfieldian on 08-21-2006 02:29 AM

Message Edited by enfieldian on 08-21-2006 07:47 AM

enfieldian Guest

To MuffinCharizard Thanks for the advice. It was the Banner/skyscraper ads that was causing the problem. What I failed to realise is that each site listed has to be checked for this. I had not carried out the check for our own site. Having removed the tick from the banner/skscraper ads for our site, closed and opened the browser four times showed the problem had cleared.It proves one thing, never suffer in silence, go out and ask someone. It also proves the value of forums like this. Thanks again for your help.Steve.

Thread Information