Thread: Problems with the True Vector Shield

Hybrid View

shamay Guest

Default Problems with the True Vector Shield

A while ago my laptop started having a problem. At about 9-11 at night, all sound on my laptop would stop working (anything I was listening to when it stopped would just make a buzzing noise), and then the true vector shield would crash and I would need to restart. Eventually this stopped however, until recently it started happening again. It happened a couple of times, well spread out, and at about that time the next update came out so I downloaded and installed that, but the problem carried on. Since then it's gotten worse and worse, and now it is happening every night.
    Each time I run a virus-scan and an ad-aware scan, and each finds nothing major (except for tracking cookies).

I'm generally using windows media player, msn with only a couple of conversation windows open, and firefox with about 3 tabs open when I hit problems.
    Also, I have no idea if it is related, but problems have also started at start-up. Afew things that run on launch don't appear as an icon in the bottom right corner, usually AVG anti-virus, and the battery and volume icons which are always set to be displayed need resetting in order to have them display.

Does anyone know what could be causing the problems with zone alarm, and if there is a way to fix it?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.5

Default Re: Problems with the True Vector Shield

Hi shamay and welcome to the ZA users forum!

Buzzing noise like fan noises or HDD noises? Could be the HDD is failing? Any unusual noise when booting up or shutting down? Google the internet for HDD sounds- they exist out there and do sound terrible. Does the Windows work without any glitches/performance issues or bootup/shutoff at the same speed from before?

What happens when you have the ZA set to not to load with the Windows? Still the same problem or issues?

If the HDD is going- best advice is to do backups and fast!
    If the ZA is at fault- the best advice is to do the uninstall and do the complete cleanup of the ZA as per in the ZA Installation section of the ZA forum.

Oldsod

Message Edited by Oldsod on 08-26-2006 04:15 PM

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Anti-Spyware
    Software Version:6.1
    Best regards.
    oldsod

shamay Guest

Thanks alot, I stopped zone alarm from starting automatically and my laptop loaded perfectly. So I uninstalled zone alarm, restarted, re-downloaded and re-installed zone alarm, and then restarted again. Unfortunately, this caused my laptop not to load properly again, so I'll try loading it manually at start up, and see if tomorrow zone alarm crashes.

And the noise is a noise through the speakers, like interference in a digital signal.

Do the uninstall as per this page. If you have it already off the PC, then just follow the registry and file cleanup details.

http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=52386

Then install the ZA. It should be okay after this.

Oldsod

Message Edited by Oldsod on 08-26-2006 07:25 PM

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Anti-Spyware
    Software Version:6.1
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information