A while ago my laptop started having a problem. At about 9-11 at night, all sound on my laptop would stop working (anything I was listening to when it stopped would just make a buzzing noise), and then the true vector shield would crash and I would need to restart. Eventually this stopped however, until recently it started happening again. It happened a couple of times, well spread out, and at about that time the next update came out so I downloaded and installed that, but the problem carried on. Since then it's gotten worse and worse, and now it is happening every night.
Each time I run a virus-scan and an ad-aware scan, and each finds nothing major (except for tracking cookies).

I'm generally using windows media player, msn with only a couple of conversation windows open, and firefox with about 3 tabs open when I hit problems.
Also, I have no idea if it is related, but problems have also started at start-up. Afew things that run on launch don't appear as an icon in the bottom right corner, usually AVG anti-virus, and the battery and volume icons which are always set to be displayed need resetting in order to have them display.

Does anyone know what could be causing the problems with zone alarm, and if there is a way to fix it?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
Software Version:6.5