Thread: PROBLEMS WITH ZONEALARM SECURITY SUITE AND WINDOWS LIVE MESSENGER

brafferton Guest

Default PROBLEMS WITH ZONEALARM SECURITY SUITE AND WINDOWS LIVE MESSENGER

HI THERE , I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ZONEALARM AND WINDOWS LIVE MESSENGER . IN THAT I AM HAVING TO USE 61_744_001_en BECAUSE IT IS THE ONLY ONE THAT WORKS PROPERLY WITH MESSNEGER ,

THE MAIN ISSSUE IS THE 2 LATEST UPDATES TO ZONEALARM -zaSuiteSetup_65_714_000_en AND zaSuiteSetup_65_722_000_en DON'T ALLOW MESSENGER TO TRANSFER FILES SUCH AS JPEGS OR BMPS OR ANY OTHER TYPE PROPERLY .

IT SEEMS THE 2 LATEST VERSIONS STOP THE FILES FROM BEEN UPLOADED/DOWNLOADED PROPERLY IT STOP GAPS THEM ( TIMES OUT ) OR IF YOU LIKE SENDS THEM IN LITTLE CHUNKS ,

I HAVE OF COURSE SENT OTHER FILES TO MY OTHER BUDDIES ON MESSENGER AND THE SAME PROBLEM OCCURS AGAIN , BUT 61_744_001_en DOSEN'T CAUSE ANY ISSUES WITH FILE TRANSFERING TO BUDDIES/ CONTACTS ON MESSENGER ,

AND YES I HAVE BEEN THROUGH THE FORUM AND HAVE CHECKED ALL MY SECURITY SETTINGS AND IT IS DEFINITLY THESE 2 LATEST VERSIONS OFZONEALARM SECURITY SUITETHAT ARE CAUSING THE ISSUE ,

MY FREIND DOWN THE ROAD FROM ME USES ZONEALARM SECURITY SUITE AND HE HAS THE SAME PROBLEM .

BASICLY THE 2 LATEST VERSIONS PROHIBIT MESSENGER FROM WOKRING PROPERLY EVEN TO THE POINT THAT IS MESSES UP THE PICTURE DISPLAYS ASWELL IN MESSENGER ( CONTACT PICTURES ) AND IT ALSO MESSES ABOUT WHEN SIGNING IN TO MESSENGER ,

BUT AGAIN THE BIGGEST PROBLEM IS WITH THE FILE TRANSFERENCE BETWEEN BUDDIES / CONTACTS ON MESSENGER - THIS VERSION ( 61_744_001_en ) WORKS WITH MESSENGER WHY DOTHE LATEST UPDATES NOT WORK ?

OH AND YES I HAVE DONE CLEAN UNINSTALLATIONS AND CLEAN INSTALLATIONS AND THAT DOSEN'T MAKE AN IOTA OF DIFFERENCE ITHER .

KIND REGARDS , PAUL AND ROSANNA

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.1

Default Re: PROBLEMS WITH ZONEALARM SECURITY SUITE AND WINDOWS LIVE MESSENGER

Guru Chiawaikian seems to have found a work around for your problem. Read this...

http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...essage.id=2821

joshkorn Guest

Default Re: PROBLEMS WITH ZONEALARM SECURITY SUITE AND WINDOWS LIVE MESSENGER

That posting seems to have been deleted.Do you remember what it said?
    Josh

Thread Information