Thread: computer randomly crashes

wasaabi Guest

Default computer randomly crashes

I recently bought a 3-user license for ZoneAlarm Security Suite (v 6.5.722) and have installed it on 3 computers in my home. Two run beautifully. The third (running XP home edition) is more problematic. The system now randomly shuts down. I could be doing email, browsing, word processing, or just sitting here looking at the desktop and Boom! it just shuts down. It then requires just turning off the sytem to restart. When it restarts it does a disk check and informs me that the system has recovered from a serious error.This can happen once a day or 7 times a day. I never can tell.Just as background - this system previously had Norton on it (as did the others). After gettingfed up with all the Norton problems and slowdowns,I uninstalled using a utility that supposedly does a complete removal.The system was running fine. I downloaded the free Zone Alarm Firewall and SpyBot and the sytem ran well with that. So I opted to remove those and buy the whole Security Suite. Problems startedsoon after installation. SpyBot is still loaded as a manual backup.Any help or suggestions?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

flyyourway Guest

Default Re: computer randomly crashes

What does the event viewer show?You may want to look there first to see whats causing the random crashes.

To open Event Viewer, click Start, click Control Panel, click Performance and Maintenance, click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Event Viewer.

Look under Applications and System and see if you get any red Xed circles and if any are related to ZA or some other application that might be conflicting.

Thread Information