Thread: Substituting ZA e-mail scanning for previous NAV email message scanning

kencutler Guest

Default Substituting ZA e-mail scanning for previous NAV email message scanning

I previously used NAV's email scanning ("auto protect"), but would like to switch to ZA's email scanning. Despite disabling Norton's auto protect and re-booting the system, when I go to ZA's Antivirus Advanced options and select Enable Email Scanning (recommended), I receive the message "Zone Alarm antivirus detected a conflict with a third party software. Email scanning will not be enabled untin the conflict has been resolved. " Supposedly, I've disabled the Norton function. Any recomendations? Thanks.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Antivirus
    Software Version:

kencutler Guest

Default Re: Substituting ZA e-mail scanning for previous NAV email message scanning

Is this too obvious a question for the folks that hang out here? If so, I'll probably blow off SystemWorks altogether, and, in doing so, end the problem forever. (I hope.) Ken

Default Re: Substituting ZA e-mail scanning for previous NAV email message scanning

Installing ZA and Norton/Symantec 2006 on the same PC is problematic. Best off using one or another to avoid these kind of issues.

ai_tak Guest

You should turn off not your real time virus protection (auto-protect) but the "email scanning" feature of norton. Also two anti-virus programs running at once,is just asking for trouble.

Thread Information