Thread: having trouble out of port 443

heacret Guest

Default having trouble out of port 443

Ok I hope maybe someone can help me I went shields up it saying port 443 open well I found out this port is used by Skype when I turn it off the port closed but when the software running the port stays open this concerns me some. I wont turn skype off because I use the phone all time was wondering if any one have some experience at this problem? Would it hurt to just leave it alone or try some other program to hide me lol.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:

billc Guest

Default Re: having trouble out of port 443

I assume you must give Skype 'server' rights in the Internet zone for it to "listen" for a call. That would mean your port 443 should be open in case you get a call. Some programs require server rights to function properly and according to <Font color=blue> Skype website regarding Zone Alarm this is what you need to do for Skype.

Port 443 is SSL port used by browsers. If you shut it down, you can't do stuff like Internet banking or hit secure web sites.

ai_tak Guest

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Jeruselem wrote:
    Port 443 is SSL port used by browsers. If you shut it down, you can't do stuff like Internet banking or hit secure web sites.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>What you are talking about is 443 outgoing, what he was talking about was 443 incoming.

Thread Information