Thread: Is Zonealarm (6.5.737.000) still incompatible with Torrent-clients?

Hybrid View

supah Guest

Default Is Zonealarm (6.5.737.000) still incompatible with Torrent-clients?

Hi,I'm wondering: it's generally known that ZA causes problems with torrent-clients (Bitlord or Azeureus etc.). Is this still the case, cause I like ZA, but I'm thinking about switching firewalls so I can get a torrentclient.Regards,G.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.1

ai_tak Guest

Default Re: Is Zonealarm (6.5.737.000) still incompatible with Torrent-clients?

ZA Pro6.5.722seems to be working well with ABC 2.6.9 here, it lets ABC accept incoming connections and doesn't seem to stop any of it's functions. If ZA is working correctly for you, it should also work correctly with bittorrent. What if any problems do you have with using BT, and what BT client do you use?

supah Guest

Hi Ai_tak,I used Azeureus. This worked well for about a day (downloaded a quite a few mp3's with no problem), but then Azeureus wasn't able to establish a connection. It just stopped.I reconfigured and reinstalled, but nothing worked. On some forums (also on Azeureus' own helpforum) it was stated that Azeureus andmost other BT-clients are NOT compatible with ZA. I switched to Shareaza, which works for me although an average avi. of about 700 mb still takes about three to four days because i keep internetsecurity on HIGH and not AVERAGE which is recommended when using Shareaza.But I like ZA and want to keep it. So I take the longer download time for granted. But I would like to use a BT alongside Shareaza. If not Azeureus, maybe another BT? I don't know ABC. If you say that it's good and works with ZA Free, then I'll give it a try.

ai_tak Guest

I highly recommend you stop using shareaza, I have a fair amount of experience with this program and the networks it uses.The developers ofevery single network it is on have increasing complains about how unfriendly it is to their p2p networks (jack of all trades master of none). Yea, abc 2.6.9 works great (although it uses one port per torrent, so you may have to set it up correctly) the version that came out after 2.6.9 has some issues, and I haven't tried the newest version yet.

Thread Information