Thread: Zonealarm is causings freezes (but I can still move the mouse, i just can't click on anything)

illestone Guest

Default Zonealarm is causings freezes (but I can still move the mouse, i just can't click on anything)

For the last couple days, zonealarm has been freezing my computer. I can still move the mouse, I just can't click on things. All the sudden it will just not let me click on anything, so i hit ctrl-alt-del and then a zonealarm bubble pops up but is empty. If I then it ctrl-alt-del again, the bubble will show me the test in it and it won't be empty anymore. But it also won't let me click on it, or anything else.I can still hit the start button on my keyboard and the start menu pops up with no problem. Task manager shows my cpu usage at 0%...so what is causing this!? What is wrong with zonealarm!?!?!?!

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

illestone Guest

Default Re: Zonealarm is causings freezes (but I can still move the mouse, i just can't click on anything)

Also, what is "grhah.exe"? I can't find any info about it in google, but it starts everytime my comp. starts....

Default Re: Zonealarm is causings freezes (but I can still move the mouse, i just can't click on anything)

Do you have any other security software on your computer that might be causing conflicts? Have recently installed any new software? If not your installation might have become corrupted and a clean uninstall followed by reinstalling the software might do the trick.<LI>Click on Start -&gt; Programs -&gt; Zone Labs</LI><UL>[/list]<LI>RIGHT-click on Uninstall Zone Labs Security, then select Properties.</LI><LI>Under Target you will see the following line (the actual drive may be different on your system):</LI><UL>[/list]"C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninstexe" Change it to:"C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe" /clean (add a space and then the /clean)<LI>Click OK to save the new command line.</LI><LI>Click on Start -&gt; Programs -&gt; Zone Labs -&gt; Uninstall Zone Labs Security </LI><LI>Click OK to run the uninstaller, and OK any security alerts that pop up.</LI><LI>say "Yes when being prompted for the removal of all files and allow TrueVector to shut down.</LI><LI>Reboot</LI><LI>Now reinstall yourSecurity Suitesoftware</LI><UL>[/list]

I also can't find anything for grhah.exe. Better scan your computer for malware.Try Ewido online scanner...http://www.ewido.net/en/onlinescan/

Do a windows search for the grhah.exe and find out where it is. Then check it to see what, when, how much and where and from whom it comes from. This will help in tracing it.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

hrafl Guest

I have XP Home Edition, ZA 6.5&amp; a hang. If the same, wait more than 2 minutes to see if the cursor works &amp; the event log shows "ERR, DCOM failed, ID 10010. I installed an older level ofZA &amp; problem not there. Apparently thecurrent level of ZA is blocking the COM MGR from starting?

Check the components of the DCOM in the the Component Services in the Administrator Tools- quite possibly something is not running or something should be disabled.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information