Thread: How do I block all net access except one website?

dysonco Guest

Default How do I block all net access except one website?

Hi All,Bit of a strange request, I'm putting some computers in an exhibition space on broadband connection so that they can Access a specific website that contains webstreaming and various other things pertinent to the exhiition. However I don't want the users to be able to go elsewhere.After spending some time looking through ZA I'd guess I need to create expert firewall rules, however after an hour or two of playing around I don't seem to be able to acheive what I need.So what rules should I create and in what order?Many thanks in advance for any advice,Best wishes,Mike

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.5

billc Guest

Default Re: How do I block all net access except one website?

See if this will work for you. Put the IP of the 'site' you wish to visit in the Trusted zone of your Firewall > Zones panel. Next go to your Program Control > Programs list and change the permission on your browser to have 'access' only to the Trusted zone; put a red X under the Access > Internet zone column.

dysonco Guest

Many thanks for that Bill, works a treat!!

can I password protect my settings?

Best wishes,

Mike

Yes, ZA Pro has password protection to program permissions. You set it in Overview/Preferences and it prevents alteration to most functions.

ai_tak Guest

You should change all other (non-system marked) program'snetwork accessto deny network access, and set program defaults to: program control(tab)->main(tab)->advanced(button)->access permissions(tab) to deny so they can't access the internet with other programs. Also you should password protect all other xp accounts and let them use only the guest account. Also it would be a good idea if they didn't have physical access to the computer tower.

Thread Information