Thread: nai epolicy orchestrator

amazzzed Guest

Default nai epolicy orchestrator

DAILY! i get a zone alarm security alert popup concerning NAI epolicy orchestrator. it doesnt matter if i remember the setting to allow or deny i will always get the popup the next day. it seems to have come with a recent zone alarm update but im not sure. whats up with that? thanks....

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.5

Default Re: nai epolicy orchestrator

Do you have McAfee installed? Check the ZA to see where it comes from - either in the Program Control list or in the Details of the ZA popup.

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

amazzzed Guest

it was installed a few years ago but isnt now. however there is still a epoagent folder that shows upon my local drive. when i try to delete this folder i get an access denied message (it doesnt help if i end task).there is nothing shown for mcaffee or epo agent in my program list.

amazzzed Guest

maybe a better question would be....why would zone alarm honor my request to either allow or deny nai epolicy orcrestrator in the past but not after a recent zone alarm update?

Hi amazzzed.

http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/viewtop...1a257f20d65c68

for the cleanup tools for the Mcafee. Also the download links are in the self serve section of the Technical Support for the uninstall problems of their software.

Also check the Device Manager and in the View use the Hidden Devices and remove any McAfee.

Plus open the Component Services and in the DCOM may still have some remmants. Then run a file/reg cleaner such as ccleaner (freeware). This should remove it. Doing a Find in the registry would not hurt either.

If it does not and it is still there- use the "delete file on boot" feature in the HJT (HijackThis tool)(freeware). Be careful with the tool and just use the deleting feature- it will want to do a scan and report. But please do not delete anything from the scan result (unless you know exactly what you are doing). The deletion advice should be left to the HJT forum experts if you have malware.

As to your question why is it noticed now? My guess? It probably just now wants to access the internet because it just woke up.

Take care..

Oldsod

Message Edited by Oldsod on 09-11-2006 07:52 PM

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Anti-Spyware
    Software Version:6.1
    Best regards.
    oldsod

amazzzed Guest

excellent!!! i will work on this tomorrow. never the less it seems that ZA should remember my deny preference but if i can completely remove it thats all the better.thanks.

Good, hope it goes well.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

amazzzed Guest

went to the website as you suggested but wasnt able to find anything related to epolicy orchestrator. before doing that i went into ZA and removed all check marks under the actions taken for epolicy orchestrator. i rebooted and had the same problem but the next day i did not. weird!

Hi

Don't look for the red orchestrator- just look for the originally installed softs from McAfee and use the cleanup tools for these. The red orchestrator is just a component of the original McAfees and still should be removed irregardlessly.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information