Thread: Pass Lock not working

nastech Guest

Default Pass Lock not working

wondering if there is a setting that will interfere with passlock working. had it working before for MS word.., also set: IExplorer for passlock? will post all major settings if need to, but wonder if there are system settings that would interfere with as well. (have reset all 3 major areas to system defaults in internet options: security, privacy, advanced.otherwise, have new install of xp home / office, zas. thanks.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

billc Guest

Default Re: Pass Lock not working

There's not a 'global' setting that should interfere. Did you find this behavior after a Zone Alarm upgrade?

nastech Guest

hi....... thanks for the reply; taking me awhile, seem to have worse problems then passlock: somethings on za just don't work, i.e. scheduling scans, then they just start without asking permission (seriously locks up my computer, have to abort, za goes down; ouila, get hacked.. sites go to get screened by hackers / recieved some backdoorpadador......... but reinstalls, trying to start a business here, past poor house, 2 weeks away from no house, and here: za crashes; been spending 90% time last 2 weeks with re-installs, not getting work done); sorry, seriously, got microsoft to make a change sending similar message titled: "theft of computer cycles"; you now see a scheduler being offered.big question: why does za not reactivate ms-firewall, when it goes down.passlock. I have reinstalled system, & zas in last 4 days; re-installled zas today (nights), but now see inet options 3 areas, basically different. Does ZA modify those settings. on 1 day ago previous installation, internet access not working; finally figured out resetting INTERNET OPTION 3 areas back to default: (they changed), Security, Privacy & Advanced.Internet access did come back up.after za reinstall (used previous upgrade: 6.5.722, never seen before inet options settings: privacy: accept all cookies (I didn't do that) so???Privacy:max settings use to lock down (usually 1st attempt at sites do not work, thus I can monitor / allow one at a time from using pretty much: privacy (cookies/ad/mobile): hi hi on (allow session cookies only), can readily see new sites (allow checks 1st 3 columns only: mobile, session, persistant). not sure what may be causing, will includes major settings:Firewall: hi hi stealthshowing: New network (internet); Loopback (trusted) is this correct? (NOTE: major suggestion to ZL, new networks gives 2 choices, but does not say: "more secure" / "less secure". I / other novice users are not going to know which to check / what it is doing); probable cause to previous hack????????????????/trying to click on program control (always locks up, back in 5 minutes): med manual off (prog cntrl / smart def / autolock) settings: item 3 checked: enable component controlProgram Control: (AREA PROB IS IN), will read up on 1st 2 items as / if they apply to this)Is this it? These are the 3 boxes here: enable advance program control / ENABLE APPLICATION INTERACTION CONTROL / enable component controlI guesse that will be a quick check. nope, checked both boxes, one at a time: no go.QUESTION:OS Firewall tab settings: have not changed,BUT: do have a hosts file installed from: http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm(QUESTION: OS refers to MS-OS, or is that a ZL thing? do not see reference to)Privacy: hi hi on (cookie / ad / mobile)not sure if this is too much, or not enough info.. can give more on request (problem working on: java streaming data no access again, sincerestored to previous spot, to reinstall za), re-installing, HAVE NOT RESET INET OPTIONS TO DEFAULT, AS DO NOT HAVE INFO IF ZA HAS REQUIRED SETTINGS, but think that might fix java.

billc Guest

You certainly have been busy and information is a good thing. You'd be surprised how often users say something like "it doesn't work, what do I do?" with no explanation. In your case I'm not sure what to tell you about adjusting your settings until I'm first convinced your firewall installation and Zone Alarm data base is not corrupt. I know you've installed several times, but may I ask you to do a fresh install again only this time first do a 'clean' uninstall to remove potentially defective files? Here's how you do that. Go into the start menu locate the zonelabs entry and right click on the uninstaller and select properties. Now in the target box you must add a space and then /clean to the end so that it looks something like this "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe" /clean click apply and then OK. Next open ZA and turn off the load on boot option, then reboot and then run the uninstaller.This should get rid of all of ZoneAlarm. Now go to your windows temp folder and delete everything. Find the folder named Internet logs and delete it then empty your recycle bin. Now install a fresh copy of Zone Alarm.

dstrong Guest

I've just come here to look into the automatic pass-lock, since I've just purchased PRO and have a DSL Cable connection. Automatic Passlock would NOT DISENGAGE after setting it on a timer of 15 minutes. I ended up UN- and RE-installing ZoneAlarm Pro version:6.5.737.000 on my Windows XP Pro

When I'm not actually using the internet, I've am NOW EITHER turning my MODEM POWER OFF (or) Start / Settings / Network Connections >> DISABLE ENABLE My DSL Connection

SHUT OFF YOUR MODEM OR PC CONNECTION Apparently Pass-Lock is a PROBLEM --- Read this thread by Moderator
    http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=12092

Thread Information