Thread: Question concerning *.tmp files/shutdown etc.

maxsselfissteam Guest

Default Question concerning *.tmp files/shutdown etc.

Hi,

I set up my system during the last few days; I also installed ZA 6.5.737.000 (German version). I set up the internet connection an hour ago or so, and now, when cleaning the Windows/Temp folder for the first time, noticed that quite a few zlt*.tmp were in there. From what I remember form earlier versions, these files only stay in the tmp folder after rebooting if something has gone wrong at shutdown; however, I never noticed anything of that kind. Considering my last few reboots were usually installation or (Windows-) update-related, I am, of course, afraid some reboots might have gone wrong without me noticing. Do I need to be worried, or can this kind of behaviour (i.e. *.tmp files staying in Temp after rebooting) appear without problems of this kind?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.5

maxsselfissteam Guest

Default Re: Question concerning *.tmp files/shutdown etc.

Also, maybe I should add that the logs that can be read in ZA don't seem to have lost any info... that's what some of the tmp files are related to, right?

maxsselfissteam Guest

And yet another thing... could these simply be leftovers from the installation, is it usual to find these files there after the installation? As I said, it was the first time I emptied the Temp folder since installing ZA. It's a pity I didn't keep those files to look at the dates they were created at.

Message Edited by MaxsSelfIsSteam on 09-29-200610:35 PM

ZA free 6.5xxx creates 2 ZLT07xxx.tmp files in C:\WINDOWS\Temp. On my system, at any rate, new ones are created and old ones automatically deleted on each system restart (based on the date stamp, and that I never have more than two).
    During the session the files are in use
    by vsmon.exe and therefore cannot be deleted. I do not know their function. I should think any that you can delete are old ones as you say, probably left over from previous uninstalls.

Thread Information