Thread: ZoneAlarm 6 SS + World of Warcraft

tsumeone Guest

Default ZoneAlarm 6 SS + World of Warcraft

Hey, ever since I installed ZoneAlarm 6 today, in World of Warcraft I am getting extreme lag. Sometimes it will be fine, other times I type and nothing shows up in chat for 20 seconds, then everything I type spams at once. It happens when I'm attacking in combat, I attack a few times, then it stops, then I attack about 5 times in one second after waiting for 20 seconds of lag, it happens while I'm browsing the auction house, the thing won't change pages for 10-30 seconds sometimes...

If I exit ZoneAlarm, all these problems go away. Could you guys please look in to this? I have opened the specified ports in ZoneAlarm, and I set WoW.exe to super-ultra-trusted for every option... still had problems unless I exited ZA.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.0

jusbouthadit Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm 6 SS + World of Warcraft

I don't play online games but since the latest update (6.0.667.000) all my programs open very slowly. Running WXP Pro SP 2, Barton 3200+, 1 gig corsair 3200, BFG 6800 ultra OC

tsumeone Guest

Come now... no response? Can't any of you look in to this? The game's got more than 4 million subscribers worldwide, I know at least one of you play it.

renatajeff Guest

Any updates on this? I have the same problem...

calil Guest

I am having this problem too.
    I just installed the ZA free edition and my wow starts to have little pauses/lockups every 3 4s after.
    If i exit ZA the lag stops, if i run ZA again, the lag restarts.
    There is some kind of configuration tellin to ZA not be s "watchfull" over the trafic from the wow?
    ty

Thread Information