Thread: Fox News and MSNBC will not run video with Zone Alarm Pro installed.

jazzmahn Guest

Default Fox News and MSNBC will not run video with Zone Alarm Pro installed.

I am having a problem using either Firefox or Internet Explorer when I try to watch the video feed from eith Fox News or MSNBC. The video clip will begin to load and then will just stop. No matter what I do I can't seem to run either of these two servies.

I have come up with a workaround that has me shutting down Zone Alarm Pro whenever I wish to view the video. Windows Default Firewall becomes active and in security center shows that it is active. After viewing the video, I again restart Zone Alarm Pro and it is then recognized in the Security Center (the Windows Default Firewall then shows as deactivated)

I would like to know what I need to set in Zone Alarm Pro so that I will not have to shut ZA Pro down in order to view the video.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.5

ad_hock Guest

Default Re: Fox News and MSNBC will not run video with Zone Alarm Pro installed.

Go to tab privacy main and disable all the main privacy features,cookie control,ad blocking and mobile code control, turn all them off.Then clean your browser cache and see if it works.
    Best regards

jazzmahn Guest

Default Re: Fox News and MSNBC will not run video with Zone Alarm Pro installed.

<blockquote><hr>Ad-Hock wrote:
    Go to tab privacy main and disable all the main privacy features,cookie control,ad blocking and mobile code control, turn all them off.Then clean your browser cache and see if it works.
    Best regards
    <hr></blockquote>

It works perfectly but what do I do about the settings I just turned off. Don't I need to have them turned off for privacy concerns. You were right on with regards to being able to use Fox and MSNBC. Let me know. I'm going to try the medium setting and see what happens. Will post back! Thanks for your help.

ad_hock Guest

Hi JazzMahn
    Those problems are due to the way ZA inserts javascript to enable the privacy features,that causes that some sites doesn't work if the main privacy settings are enabled. What you may try is a customization of the privacy features per site, editing them in the sites list independently of the main privacy in page main.Try this: go to privacy main and in cookie control click custom. In the new window at the bottom check 'show privacy adviser'. Then when you surf for a site if you have problems (assuming the main privacy are enabled, just for reference I use cookie control at medium,ad blocking disabled as I rely in firefox and mobile code control enabled),when privacy adviser shows in the low right part of your screen, click the link 'click here for details'. You go to the sites list in privacy tab where you may locate the site entry.In the box at the bottom you can see what is being blocked. Right clicking over the site entry and choosing options allows you with the new window with three pages to play with the different privacy features and by trial and error you may find the way the site works properly.Don't forget when loading the site to clean your browser cache.However I warn you that sometimes the only way to load certain sites is what I suggested in the first post, that is completly turning of the main privacy features.
    Hope this helps
    Best regards

Thread Information