Thread: netflix issue

Hybrid View

sportsfan Guest

Default netflix issue

I recently upgraded my ZoneAlarm to the latest, and lost some of my settings.I'm accessing most web sites fine, but
    I'm having problems with Netflix.I can get the logon page, but when i try to go to my queue, I get the netflix spalsh screen for logon/free access.I'm using windows XP pro, updated. ZoneLabs internet security suite, and Spware doctor.
    I know the problem isn't with spyware doctor because I disabled ZoneAlarm for one second and the page in question came up.
    Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

billc Guest

Default Re: netflix issue

You may have a corruption in your database that occurred in the upgrade requiring a reset. But first, try this. Go to your ZASS > Privacy > Site List, click on the 'add' button, enter www.netflix.com then click 'ok'. Now locate the site you just entered on the Site List, right click on it and select 'options'. Next go through all three tabs to uncheck everything and click 'apply' as you go through each tab. Now clean your browser cache and try the site again.

If that does not work, then do the same thing again after you reset your database. Reset the database this way; you will lose your customizations and will need to reconfigure Zone Alarm.

1. Boot your computer into the Safe Mode. {Instructions if needed}
    2. Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder.
    3. Delete the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files in the folder.
    4.Reboot into the normal mode.

Thread Information