Thread: Won't Remember Settings

scarper Guest

Default Won't Remember Settings

I've been using ZAPro for two years without any problems but recently it stopped remembering my settings and asks me the same access questions for every program every single time.

I've already deleted all of the *.RDB, *.LDB and *.TMP files in the Internet Log folder, emptied the trash, rebooted and I uninstalled and reinstalled ZA 6.5 and even ZA 5.5 but no luck.

Does anyone have any other solutions? It's gotten to the point where I might have to give up the program and I don't want to do that because it's worked so well for me.

Thanks

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.5

Default Re: Won't Remember Settings

You can try a manual uninstall which removes all traces of the program from the hard drive. Follow instructions at the zonealarm page link below. Try to do the file deletions in safe mode and have folders set to see hidden and system files. Skip any steps you can no longer due and move on to the next step.

http://nh2.nohold.net/noHoldCust25/P...tallNonNT.html

scarper Guest

Thanks I followed the steps and it didn't work.

skurj Guest

Has this been resolved? Not only do I have this issue with my own computer but all my clients that I have recommended and installed Zone Alarm are now having this problem as well. I see it mostly with HotSync manager and Thunderbird. I would be highly annoying to do a clean install and reinstall on all my client PC's to fix this problem. I think I would live with it until it expires then try different software that doesn't annoy my clients so much.

Thread Information