Thread: System Error: Please Reboot

zeusie Guest

Default System Error: Please Reboot

I have a persisting error message in the upper right hand corner of Zone Alarm page that says, "System Error, Please Reboot".
    It should say, "All Systems Active".

I've rebooted many times and have uninstalled and reinstalled the program three times, but I still get the same message.
    I'm wondering if there's some other software conflicting with it.
    I have AVG anti-virus and am using XP.

Ideas?
    Thanks!

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:5.x

Default Re: System Error: Please Reboot

Please read these instructions courtesy of ZoneLabs.

Zone Labs Customer Care

This Information Applies to:

All ZoneAlarm Products

Summary:

I am having problems with ZoneAlarm, these problems could include:

* Programs keep asking for access after I grant access, and check the remember settings.
    * A program that was working, suddenly stopped working (and was not updated).
    * No matter what I do I cannot get an application to work.
    * There is a red X over the ZoneAlarm system tray icon.
    * The TrueVector service will not start.
    * My password doesn't work.
    * I just upgraded something and the program is not working correctly.

Solution:

There may be a problem with your TrueVector service. ZoneAlarm is dependent on its TrueVector service to function properly. You may need to refresh the files associated with this service, especially after a networking change, OS change, or ZoneAlarm update.

First, check in the upper right-hand corner of the ZoneAlarm Window. You should see an All Systems Active message in green letters (to the right of the lock). If the panel is displaying All systems Active and ZoneAlarm is still not functioning properly, it is possible that some files have become corrupt.

To repair this problem, please follow these steps. Please note that this will remove your program permission settings (so you may want to make note of them), but re-establishing them is a simple process. If any of the steps below does not apply to you, or you are unable to perform the function listed, please continue to the next step. This MUST be done with an Admin account if your Operating System supports these!

1. If you are running Windows 95/98/Me/XP/2000, reboot your system into Safe Mode. Your OS determines the method, but normally pressing F8 at the beep, or holding the control key during bootup, will work. For more information on rebooting in Safe Mode, click Start, then Help. Click the Search tab, and type in "Safe Mode". Double- click "Start Windows in Safe Mode" for the instructions.
    2. Open the Internet Logs directory (in 9x/ME this will be "c:\windows\internet logs", in NT/2000 it will be c:\winnt\internet logs, in Windows XP it could be either of these folders).
    3. Delete all files that have the extension .RDB, .LDB, or TMP.
    4. Empty your Recycle Bin.
    5. Reboot your system.

Thread Information