Thread: ZoneAlarm and iTunes 7

phlebas Guest

Default ZoneAlarm and iTunes 7

I was wondering if anyone else has problems with ZoneAlarm (latest version of the free program) and iTunes 7. Since I upgraded to iTunes 7 I have been experiencing stuttering or skipping music playback issues. This was ameliorated slightly with the upgrade to version 7.0.1.8, but I still was getting problems when anything CPU-intensive was going on.

Then I read an Apple support article http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=302538 suggesting playing with msconfig and its selective startup facility to identify conflicting programs. When I did so (by adding in programs one by one) I discovered that the playback issues appeared to be resolved when I prevented ZoneAlarm loading. There appears to be no other issues with ZoneAlarm (i.e. it doesn't prevent iTunes accessing the internet).

So, has anyone else come across this issue?

Cheers,
    Phil

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.5

Default Re: ZoneAlarm and iTunes 7

Does it have internet server rights?
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

phlebas Guest

Yes it does.

klwdallas Guest

I have this problem too, but with a newer, purchased version of ZA. Removing ZA solves the problem.

I had absolutely no problem before, but now when browsing most we pages and CPU use gets higher it stutters really badly.

I want to uninstall ZA, but I just paid for it last week. Took me a few days to figure out this was the problem.

tpatch Guest

Hello,

I have a similar issue since I recently upgraded to version 7.
    When I run Itunes my system goes to 100% CPU usage and stays there until I close Itunes.
    The processes that are using all the resources are ZlClient.exe and Vsmon.exe.

tpatch

Thread Information