Thread: ZoneAlarm and iTunes 7

phlebas Guest

Default ZoneAlarm and iTunes 7

I was wondering if anyone else has problems with ZoneAlarm (latest version of the free program) and iTunes 7. Since I upgraded to iTunes 7 I have been experiencing stuttering or skipping music playback issues. This was ameliorated slightly with the upgrade to version, but I still was getting problems when anything CPU-intensive was going on.

Then I read an Apple support article suggesting playing with msconfig and its selective startup facility to identify conflicting programs. When I did so (by adding in programs one by one) I discovered that the playback issues appeared to be resolved when I prevented ZoneAlarm loading. There appears to be no other issues with ZoneAlarm (i.e. it doesn't prevent iTunes accessing the internet).

So, has anyone else come across this issue?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.5

Mikado Michigan

Default Re: ZoneAlarm and iTunes 7

Does it have internet server rights?
    My homes are and and

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

phlebas Guest

Yes it does.

klwdallas Guest

I have this problem too, but with a newer, purchased version of ZA. Removing ZA solves the problem.

I had absolutely no problem before, but now when browsing most we pages and CPU use gets higher it stutters really badly.

I want to uninstall ZA, but I just paid for it last week. Took me a few days to figure out this was the problem.

tpatch Guest

I have a similar issue since I recently upgraded to version 7.
    When I run Itunes my system goes to 100% CPU usage and stays there until I close Itunes.
    The processes that are using all the resources are ZlClient.exe and Vsmon.exe.

Thread Information