Thread: VSMON Probl m

martix Guest

Default VSMON Probl m

I have a problem with the wall - occasionally the true vector service crashes and when it restarts vsmon begins constantly using 80-100% of the processor time.
    Any fixes besides clean un/install?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

billc Guest

Default Re: VSMON Probl m

Actually that is what I would suggest is a 'clean' uninstall followed by a fresh install. You can however save your settings in a backup and then restore them once you reinstall.

<fieldset>
    <legend>Clean Uninstall</legend>Go into the start menu locate the zonelabs entry and right click on the uninstaller and select properties. Now in the target box you must add a space and then /clean to the end so that it looks something like this "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe" /clean click apply and then OK. Next open ZA and turn off the load on boot option, then reboot and then run the uninstaller.This should get rid of all of ZoneAlarm. Now go to your windows temp folder and delete everything. Find the folder named Internet logs and delete it then empty your recycle bin.</fieldset>

martix Guest

Oh, so that is clean...
    What I did was simply unistall and install again, no /clean parameter, no deleting temp folders...
    I havent had a &quot;clean&quot; &lt;something&gt; for a long time, just updating so far.

So how do I save my settings???

billc Guest

With ZASS go to your Overview > Preferences panel and you'll find an option to back-up your settings there. Save them to My Documents then important into the fresh install.

Thread Information