Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VSMON high CPU usage ONLY WHEN UPLOADING :)

tafugate Guest

Default Re: VSMON high CPU usage ONLY WHEN UPLOADING :)

i had the same issue of vsmon 90+ percent of the cpu usage while uploading photos with flickr tonight. i came here, perused around, and saw sirdracula's post about the 464 beta. cpu usage was still around 45 percent, but at least i can do other things while uploading.

jpeterson Guest

I am having the same problem with uploading pictures only to Shutterfly using their IE plugin (sfuploadplugin.ocx). CPU for vsmon.exe is at 50% and it locks the system (windows xpsp2) up so I can't do anything else. This is just really awful behavior for ZoneAlarm. Does Zonelabs ever monitor these forums and react quickly with fixes? What kind of quality control do they have? I would bet folks who post here would be willing to test-drive fixes for these types of problems to facilitate getting them out to all the users in a timely manner. It is a wonder too that vsmon.exe would even care about my files being sent somewhere by me...seems like a curious waste of system resources altogether. And it isn't like this is Beta version.

bugnmenot Guest

I have the same problem. It is impossible to upload anything. The vscom.exe process takes all CPU up to 100% and I have to reset my computer.

ZoneAlarm have got no shame. the first user opened this topic on october 2006, and on december 2007 the problem persists.

dgxz Guest

I got same problem I can barely upload anything with my browser because vsmon uses 99 cpu within a minute. Are they ever going to fix this or give us suggestion what to do. I even disabled the on access scanner still same problem!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information