Thread: won't stop popup ad

kymailman Guest

Default won't stop popup ad

I'm new to
    ZA Suite 6.5 and have my
    ad block set to high. Monster.com via c1.zedo.com keeps popping under my internet window. How do I block it?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

billc Guest

Default Re: won't stop popup ad

What link on Monster.com do you click on to get the popup? I went to Monster.com using both my Firefox and Internet Explorer browsers and did not get the pop-under even with Ad-Blocking turned off in Zone Alarm Pro.

kymailman Guest

I guess I didn't explain my problem correctly. When I open my home page, which is www.whas11.com I have another window pop up under it. The
    image is a link to monster.com, but the window title at the top is:
    http://c1.zedo.com-undertonenetworks.com
    That is the window i want to keep from opening.
    Thanks
    JT

billc Guest

Now I understand (I think). Your first post was not clear to me. I went to www.whas11.com using both my Firefox & IE browsers and did not get the pop under ad to which you refer. I have all my Privacy turned off in Zone Alarm Pro but both browsers have popup/pop under blockers in them. Can I assume you're use IE? And if you are, do you have your popup blocker turned on? If you answer yes to both of those, try going to your ZASS Privacy > Ad-Blocking click on the 'custom' button and turn off popup/pop under blocking in ZASS. It could be the two are interfering with one another resulting in neither working.

If that does not work, try this. Go to your ZASS Privacy > Site List, click on the 'add' button, enter www.whas11.com then click 'ok'. Now find this new entry on your Site List, right click on it then click on 'options'. Now go to the Ad-Blocking tab, check the popup/pop under box, click 'apply' then ok. Now clean your browser cache and try your site again.

kymailman Guest

I tried both your solutions but it still popped up, so I went back into the privacy section and reset block popups. Somehow that corrected it, so thanks for your help. JT

billc Guest

You're welcome. Must have been the gremlins at work. Reminds me of what I would do as a kid when something didn't work. I'd take it apart, put it back together, change nothing, and often it would work again.

Thread Information