Thread: Windows XP with Multiple Users - will ZoneAlarm Firewall protect all users?

msmouse Guest

Default Windows XP with Multiple Users - will ZoneAlarm Firewall protect all users?

Hi - I have been using free Zone Alarm Firewsll for a long time. I have Windows XP Home Edition and have recently created two other user accounts on my computer.

When I was helping my niece log on to her user area I noticed that Zone Alarm didn't seem to be active there.

Should I expect one version of Zone Alarm Firewall to protect all User Areas?

Does it matter where it is saved on the computer (I save it in a sub-directory of the Programs directory, rather than on the desktop)?

Hope someone can help answer this one

(I searched all the forums and the question has been asked before, but there was no answer).

Best wishes,

Ms Mouse

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.5

billc Guest

Default Re: Windows XP with Multiple Users - will ZoneAlarm Firewall protect all users?

Your Zone Alarm should work on all accounts. Some users have problems when they try to fast-switch between accounts, but only one firewall is needed. Where you have it saved is fine.

msmouse Guest

Default Re: Windows XP with Multiple Users - will ZoneAlarm Firewall protect all users?

Thanks Bill - that's really good to know

allenconquest Guest

I have brought ZoneAlarm, but I was a bit surprised that I can't find a way of switching the parental control for different user accounts on XP Pro.
    I don't want parental control switched on when I use the computer, but I want it to protect my children when they are using it.
    How can I achieve this ?
    Thanks,
    Allen

Thread Information