Thread: After initial login to Windows after computer has been off, slow start and light blue screen???

samurai Guest

Default After initial login to Windows after computer has been off, slow start and light blue screen???

Looked on the ZA
    forums and found nothing that would seem to help and already did the complete uninstall and clean install;After initial
    login to Windows after computer has been off, slow start and light blue screen for about 2 minutes?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

Default Re: After initial login to Windows after computer has been off, slow start and light blue screen???

Hi

Light blue screen like BSOD? Does it say anything? Does the PC run okay after this happens?

Have all your drivers been updated recently?
    Did you try a system file check?
    Did you try a disk check?

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

samurai Guest

Default Re: After initial login to Windows after computer has been off, slow start and light blue screen???

<hr size="2" width="100%">

Oldsod wrote:
    Hi

Light blue screen like BSOD? Does it say anything? Does the PC run okay after this happens?

Have all your drivers been updated recently?
    Did you try a system file check?
    Did you try a disk check?

Oldsod<div align="center"><hr size="2" width="100%">

No, light blue as the classic start menu color, no message, PC runs fine afterwards, and now its not doing it for the time being.......???very strange.

Drivers are updated, system file check done, disk check done.

Shouldn't System File Check
    and Check Disk give a readout of what was done when they are finished though?

Hi

I guess Microsoft had decided to make things simple for the users. The file check is assumed to be always correctly done and the complete disk check does a flash of a report in the boot time after it is done (I blink and I usually miss it completely). I do believe there are various disk management software to report on the state of the hard drive and there may even be some command for obtaining some record of the Windows disk check. These are well out of my understanding.

It may have been there was some Windows component not listed in the Components or the Program list and now it is there, so the component has attained some permission or recognition. I usually open and close all programs and all user aspects of the Windows after installing the Zone Alarm. Then check the lists and make the correct setting.

Take care,

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information