Thread: help with firewall

xx_spirit Guest

Default help with firewall

zonealarm makes my downloads cut out. Everytime i download a file it always cuts out my download at some point off time. If i turn it off the dl will be fine. Im not sure why this happens. My firewall is set to "high" . Does anyone know what might be the cause?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.5

billc Guest

Default Re: help with firewall

Do you have Mobile Code control turned on in your Privacy settings? Are you trying to use a download accelerator?

xx_spirit Guest

mobile code control is off and no i dont use a download accelerator.

billc Guest

If you shutdown Zone Alarm Pro, can you then download without a problem? If you can, restart Zone Alarm Pro again, turn off all your Privacy blocking and try to download. What happens?

xx_spirit Guest

yes if i shutdown the firewall i can download fine without any problems. I dont have privacy protection enabled so i dont think it would make a difference would it? I read another post about adding your dhp server ip and dns ip and i added them to trusted zone and it made my internet browsing speed faster but my downloads still cut out for some reason.

billc Guest

If you don't have Privacy blocking enabled, Zone Alarm Pro should not block downloads. Do you have all of your Main Privacy turned off including Cookie & Ad blocking?

Thread Information