Thread: BitDefender

freddyg Guest

Default BitDefender

I am using ZA Pro 6.5.737 along with BitDefender Antivirus V10 build 108. BitDefender runs a scheduled AntiVirus/AntiSpyware scan every night at 10:00pm and every night it hangs with the message "bdss.exe is trying to communicate with \SystemRoot\System32\smss.exe by opening its process". ; "Application: bdss.exe". I check the "Apply this setting to all suspicious ...." everynight and click the allow button. The next night I get the exact same message.
    I can not see a bdss.exe or a smss.exe in the list of programs in the "programs tab". However, there are two "Dit Defender Scanner Module", one with "Auto", "III", "Check", "Check" and the other has "Custom", "III", "Questionmark", "Questionmark". There are several other BitDefender programs in ZA with the same name that are in the "Programs" tab several times.
    Why do I have to keep checking the same error over and over to no avail??? Why are there several BitDefender programs in the "programs" list that are in there multiple of times????

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.5

Default Re: BitDefender

Hi

Try using the Add in the lower right to add smss.exe and bdss.exe to the list. Try adding all of the Bitdefender's executibles to the list as well. Give all of these three green bars. The BitDefender components are to be found in a folder on the hard drive? (C\BitDefender?) and highly likely in Bitdefender folder of the Program Files and quite possibly some in the Common Files of the Program Files. Some secuity and antivirus application will also have a folder in the Windows Directory or the System32 folder.

In the right click of the Bitdefender components in the Zone Alarm listings , open the Options and give the component as much freedom as possible- allow application interaction and just verify by file instead of process and allow Privacy and such.

This should fix the constant clicking and checking.

Oldsod

Message Edited by Oldsod on 11-02-2006 08:50 AM

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:5.x
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information