Thread: Zone Alarm Stops Responding

Hybrid View

taerepted Guest

Default Zone Alarm Stops Responding

Recently whenever I reboot I get a screen that comes up during the shut down process indicating that Zone Alarm Pro has sopped responding and is being shut down by Windows. This is the only time that I am aware of a problem with ZA Pro. Otherwise it appears to be operating correctly; i.e.
    if I perform a Ctrl-Alt-Del it does not come up as not responding. I am still concerned about the level of protection that I am operating under. I have uninstalled and re-installed with no change with this shutdown notification. Any ideas?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.5

billc Guest

Default Re: Zone Alarm Stops Responding

Is this something 'new' that followed a fresh Zone Alarm install or update? Or, have you always had this issue?

taerepted Guest

I wish that
    I could answer that question with certainty as I have asked myself that same question. I believe that it did start after my last major Zone Labs update. I suspected that it may have been related to that so I downloaded the current version again and performed a new "clean install". I still experienced the same problem after doing so.

billc Guest

I'm thinking an update didn't go well, so try this. Do a 'clean' uninstall of your current firewall. This will remove the files and registry entries that might be the problem. Then once you do that, install a fresh copy of Zone Alarm again. Let me know if that works.

Here's what you should do. Go into the start menu locate the zonelabs entry and right click on the uninstaller and select properties. Now in the target box you must add a space and then /clean to the end so that it looks something like this "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe" /clean click apply and then OK. Next open ZA and turn off the load on boot option, then reboot and then run the uninstaller.This should get rid of all of ZoneAlarm. Now go to your windows temp folder and delete everything. Find the folder named Internet logs and delete it then empty your recycle bin.

Thread Information