Thread: How Do I Change The Default Font?

fiction Guest

Default How Do I Change The Default Font?

I can't stand that MS Serif font that ZA likes to use...which is actually the same one many programs use by default. It's almost unreadable on my old monitor.

How can I change it so ZA will use another font on my system? Is there an easy way or do I have to go into the registry?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

billc Guest

Default Re: How Do I Change The Default Font?

Sorry, I don't know how to do that. Try contacting Zone Labs Technical Support

Err, that font is fine - I've never had problems with that front even on a bad 14" CRT monitor. I think it's time to get a new monitor for the sake of your eyesight. A 17" LCD should be cheap these days.
    No registry hack will help you - applications choose their fonts and you can't do much to change that.

fiction Guest

It's not my monitor. I had the same problems with a brand new LCD I had hooked up too.

This leads me to believe that the fonts are screwed up on my system. Maybe I'll try re-installing the system fonts (if I can find them). It seems to me though that even if the program picks the font it wants to use, if you don't have that font installed on the system, it can't use it. Therefore...you CAN tell the program which font to use by installing another default font in its place.

Surely, someone somewhere knows how to do this.

Za free is using a sans serif font here... I don't know whether it picks up the font from the one Windows uses on menus, message boxes, etc. The
    Windows font I use is Tahoma (which is the default) but can be changed
    (right click desktop, properties, Appearance tab, Advanced, select items to set font).

Thread Information