Thread: Internet explorer 7

shanmugam Guest

Default Internet explorer 7

Will Internet explorer 7 work with all zone alarm products?

billc Guest

Default Re: Internet explorer 7

Yes. Do you have IE 7 installed or are you getting ready to install it? On my laptop, I found I needed to uncheck the 'load at boot' option in Zone Alarm Pro, reboot, and then install IE 7. I haven't tried to install on my desktop yet but when I do, I'll follow the same procedure.

I disabled all of the security applications before downloading/installing the IE7. I will use Guru Bill's advice about the disabling the startup of those applications on the install of IE7 my other machine.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

exbrummie Guest

I in fact first downloaded it 2 weeks before the official release, did the above but found it was a bit buggy and uninstalled. When the official release came out I just went straight to the 'auto update' page of Microsoft and downloaded without any problems whatsoever! My Z/A Sec suite threw up some new alerts but apart from those everything worked fine. I did notice I couldn't update my Ewido
    and Adawre applications and found when I disabled the 'Phishing' filter all was OK. again.
    Maybe it was being a bit over zealous? Certainly haven't had any problems with Z/A.

Hi exbrummie

Nice to hear that, but some users have had problems doing it just that way.

I haven't heard about the phishing filter issue, but not surprised.

Take care,

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information