Thread: program control evergrowing list

nwarp Guest

Default program control evergrowing list

In the program control sub section under the programs tab are listed many programs which are currently installed or have been installed on my computer. Most I have tried and discarded or unistalled eg 30 day trials. Some I haven't had installed on my computer for at least a year. These obsolete entries are not removed from the list when the program is uninstalled or deleted. Is there a way of getting rid of these entries to reduce the bulk. I mean automatically and not manually.

Regards from down under

Default Re: program control evergrowing list

There is no way unfortunately that they can be removed automatically. You can remove them manually one by one or you could do a complete reset of your database that will lose all customizations but your program list will be reconfigured with all active programs. Follow these steps to reset:

*Reboot into Safe mode.
    *Open the 'Internet Logs' folder in your WINDOWS directory.
    *Delete the files with extensions .RDB or.LDB
    *Empty your Recycle bin.
    *Reboot.

whoozhe Guest

Default Re: program control evergrowing list

This, for me, is the most annoying thing about Zone Alarm. Oh for the coders to add automatic deletions of any entry that refers to temp files and uninstalled applications.
    Even a faster way to manually delete multiple entries would be better than the current cumbersome method

Thread Information