Thread: Zone Alarm Security Suite And MS Outlook / GURU can not even solve the problem!!!!

tnarudllib Guest

Default Zone Alarm Security Suite And MS Outlook / GURU can not even solve the problem!!!!

I have ZA security Suite on my laptop. I run windows XP Professional and I use MS Outlook for my Email program. After Zone Alarm was loaded on my laptop and configured. I opened my MS Outlook program only to find that Zone Alarm did not exist within the program. No where inside the MS Outlook is there a reference to Zone Alarm. After inquiring from a so called Zone Alarm Expert I had nothing resolved and the expert gave up. I have found that Zone Alarm has very bad customer service and ultimately you may end up paying more for the tech support than you did for the program. I still have the problem the email filter in security suite does not work at all. I can have everything turned on and turned up and still there is no link to my MS Outlook program. I am sick of this. It would be helpful if somebody from Zone Alarm could assist me in this problem, but maybe I am asking to much. Is there anybody that can help me before I start asking for my money back?
    William

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

dreeme Guest

Default Re: Zone Alarm Security Suite And MS Outlook / GURU can not even solve the problem!!!!

Follow these steps and your Zone Alarm toolbar should load in Outlook.

#1 Go to Outlook > Help > (run)Detect and Repair.
    #2 Close Outlook and restart your computer.
    #3 In Outlook go to Tools > Options > Other > Advanced Options > Com Add-Ins > see if Mailbuddy has a check mark - if not, check it.
    #4 Go to Help > About Microsoft Office Outlook > Disabled Items > see if Mailbuddy is disabled,
    if so, then enable it and close Outlook.
    #5 Restart your computer and see if the junk mail toolbar loads.

(If it still doesn't load, repeat #3 thru #5 again).

Regards,
    Dreeme

tnarudllib Guest

Default Re: Zone Alarm Security Suite And MS Outlook / Dreeme is the real Guru!!!!!1

Dreeme,
    You are a genius! I have tried to get help on this issue for a month and nobody could help me. Thanks for the very simple steps. It works! Now maybe I can filter out the spam stock market emails. I appreciate you come to my rescue. You are the real GURU.
    William

dreeme Guest

Default Re: Zone Alarm Security Suite And MS Outlook / Dreeme is the real Guru!!!!!1

Glad I could help.
    Happy Thanksgiving

Thread Information