Thread: Is it possible to protect configuration against some users

martinus Guest

Default Is it possible to protect configuration against some users

Hi !

When my children use my computer, with their non administrator XP account, they can easily quit ZA (6.5) and in a short time they will even be able to change the settings.

Is there any version of ZA (free or not) that can prevent this ?

However, ZA is a little better than NIS which remains inactive when the user who started the computer has a non administrator account :-))

Thanks for help !

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.5

Default Re: Is it possible to protect configuration against some users

Any software that has a password, will lock it and prevent changes and user shutdowns. the paid versions of the ZA has the password feature.
    Quote from the ZA help>

Setting your password
    By setting a password, you prevent anyone but you from shutting down or uninstalling Zone Labs security software, or changing your security settings. Setting a password will not prevent other people from accessing the Internet from your computer.

The ability to create a password is not available in ZoneAlarm.

If your version of Zone Labs security software was installed by an administrator with an installation password, that administrator can access all functions.

When you set a password for the first time, be sure to log out before leaving your computer. Otherwise, others can still change your settings.

To set or change a Zone Labs security software password:

Select Overview|Preferences.
    Click Set Password.
    Type your password and password verification in the fields provided.
    Select Allow others to use programs without a password (unless the program permission is set to "Block") to allow others to use programs you haven't explicitly blocked, even if they don't have a password.
    Click OK.

Valid passwords are between 6 and 31 characters long. Valid characters include A-Z, a-z, 0-9, and characters !,@,#,$,%,^,&,*.

Once you have set a password, you must log in before you can change settings, shut down the TrueVector security engine, or uninstall Zone Labs security software.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

host Guest

Default Re: Is it possible to protect configuration against some users

I need help shuting down the Truevector so I can Reinstall zonealarms.

Thread Information