Thread: IE7 slow starting with Zone Alarm

boko Guest

Default IE7 slow starting with Zone Alarm

I just downloaded and installed IE7, and the only problem I'm having with it seems to be related to Zone Alarm.
    Opening it takes about three minutes, and the task manager indicates that most of my computer's resources are being taken up by a program called vsmon.exe, which according to liutilities is part of the Zone Alarm Firewall.
    Has anyone else noticed this?
    Is there something I can do within the Zone Alarm settings to allow IE7 to open a little faster.
    Webroot's Spy Sweeper may also be implicated--occasionally I see the CPU usage on this program go way up as well, but vsmon.exe seems to be the main problem.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.5

Default Re: IE7 slow starting with Zone Alarm

Does the problem exist even if you temporarily disable ZoneAlarm and Spy Sweeper? If not, try enabling them one by one to narrow down the culprit(s). Please make sure you are using the very latest version of Spy Sweeper because it could be a problem with your settings between a Java Browser Helper Object (BHO) and the Active-X Shield which I believe was a similar problem in a version I formerly used. Good luck and please post back on your results.

tim_t Guest

Default Re: IE7 slow starting with Zone Alarm

Dude, just dump IE7 and get the latest Firefox. It is a fraction of the size, has fantastic add-ons and plugins, is less bloated and DOESN'T need a reboot after install! It is better than IE in every god **bleep** way. Zone Alarm will like it, too.

Thread Information