Thread: Zone Alarm free not allowing internet radio functioning

jcbeng Guest

Default Zone Alarm free not allowing internet radio functioning

When trying to listen to Live365 internet music, Zone Alarm Free will not allow for the streaming.
    When I shut down the Zone Alarm Free, and activate the Microsoft firewall, I can listen to Live365 internet music.
    Anyone know where you can set the control in Zone Alarm Free to allow for a streaming signal ??

This has happened since I have upgraded IE6 to IE7.
    IE6 worked just fine with the Zone Alarm Free. Thanks.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.5

billc Guest

Default Re: Zone Alarm free not allowing internet radio functioning

It could be one of a couple things. The first thing I'd try is go to your Zone Alarm > Program Control > Programs, locate the IE 7 entry, right click on it, then click to remove it. Now with all browsers closed, open IE and if you get a Zone Alarm program alert, click 'alloy' and the 'remember this' box. Now test the streaming radio site again.

There is really nothing else in Zone Alarm Free that should block your ability to listen unless some Zone Alarm Pro features have been enabled without your ability to turn them off. If that is the case, a Zone Alarm database reset should fix it. Reset the database this way; you will lose your customizations and will need to reconfigure Zone Alarm.

1. Boot your computer into the Safe Mode. {Instructions if needed}
    2. Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder.
    3. Delete the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files in the folder.
    4.Reboot into the normal mode.

Thread Information