Thread: Buying a new computer

tonyelliott Guest

Default Buying a new computer

I am thinking of buying a new desktop computer for Christmas. It will be Vista ready. When I buy it, I will buy it without a 3rd party security, as I will use my present Zone alarm which has 280 days left. If I get the Vista system in February will I be able to use my Zone Alarm Security Suite 6.5.737? I plan on leaving XP on my laptop with the Z/A 6.5.
    If I have to buy Zone Alarm Security Suite 7 will I be able to buy a license for my laptop ?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

Default Re: Buying a new computer

Sorry, the single license cannot be used on two machines. The license and the ZASS can be transferred from the laptop to the desktop, if that is what you mean. But a seperate second license will be needed for a second ZASS.

http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/catalog/catalog_main.jsp;jsessionid=F5LsR0sAkKFltnaeStjk1s QuQk5pQHcrs7kOUPPjf3QyGCaaNoF9!695628110!-1062696903!7551!7552!NONE?dc=12bms&ctry=&lang=en&l id=nav_ho

Also at present, there is no Vista capable Zone Alarm. So please wait until one is properly developed and released. It may or not be availbale in February.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

tonyelliott Guest

Default Re: Buying a new computer

Thank you for the quick response. I have a license for both machines now and if I have to buy Zone Alarm 7 then i will keep the license on the laptop with Zone
    Alarm 6 as I don't want to buy an extra Vista. Will I be able to work it that way. I think also I will wait until Feb to buy the new computer and get it with Vista installed. I don't think I will be able to install Vista on the Laptop without buying a copy for that and another license from Zone Alarm.

Thread Information