Thread: Driver issue/Software conflict

cubsfanindiana Guest

Default Driver issue/Software conflict

I
    have ZA Pro and I still have problems of the blue screen of death. I talked to tech support a couple of months ago and they said I should talk to Microsoft because I have a driver issue. I lost the number and I'm not sure how much help they could give me
    over the phone.
    I manually checked my drivers through the windows update site and they said they were all up-to-date. I went to a couple of commercial sites to scan my system and they said I had a few old drivers. I'm not too crazy paying them money to update them and I don't have the time to update them myself. Who knows ... I might have a couple of programs that don't play nice with ZAP.
    I had Greenborder Pro and Linkscanner Pro on my system, but I took them off my system to test. I currently have the latest ZA Pro and Spy Sweeper antivirus and Pop Peeper running. I'm thinking of trying Sandboxie again.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.5

Default Re: Driver issue/Software conflict

Hello Cubsfanindiana,I remember when you were looking for the ZL tech support page in September. As I recall you were getting BSOD even after uninstalling Zonealarm. You definitely should contact Microsoft about this problem . Here is a link to MS support contact page. Remember your XP Home program is entitled to two free tech support problems to be settled by phone support. These folks are relentless so I bet they can tell you whats going on.http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...mp;gprid=37013

cubsfanindiana Guest

Thanks for the link. I'm not sure if I will get it free though:

This Product ID indicates that there will be a charge for this Microsoft support.
    The product ID indicates that this product may be supported by your computer manufacturer. Contact your computer manufacturer for support or select a different support option below.

Select one of the following options: Did you know
    Gateway : (800) 846-2301 View all computer manufacturer phone numbers

My computer is like over three years old. Gateway 500XL.

Message Edited by CubsfanIndiana on 12-13-200602:42 PM

Your Drivers and BIOS should be found here>

http://support.gateway.com/support/d...ter.asp?Tab=My

use your Serial Number to get your list of drivers and BIOS.

Aside from the updater of the individual items listed in the Device manager and the Hidden Plug and Play Devices (use Show Hidden Devices found in the View of the Toolbar), there is the msinfo32.exe or the System Information. The hardware is described in detail and that hardware listed will have upates available from each and every individual manufacturing site. Plus often there is a manufactures updater installed on the harddrive.

Oldsod

Message Edited by Oldsod on 12-14-2006 12:05 PM
    Best regards.
    oldsod

cubsfanindiana Guest

I have a Gateway E-4100 4000820 (consumer model). I did the little wizard and the manual check on my serial number and it told me no downloads available. Seems like they dropped support for my particular computer.

I used the Belarc Advisor: Board: Intel Corporation D865GLC

BIOS: Intel Corp. BF86510A

I think I tried updating my BIOS one time and it failed to install.

Message Edited by CubsfanIndiana on 12-14-200611:56 AM

Message Edited by CubsfanIndiana on 12-14-200612:01 PM

What is this>

http://support.gateway.com/support/d...ref=filesearch

If you gave the correct data before, it would be a lot faster.

Oldsod

Belarc is for users who cannot figure out System Info and the Add/Remove programs.

Message Edited by Oldsod on 12-14-2006 02:18 PM
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information