Thread: ZA will not close

nm_rancher Guest

Default ZA will not close

I am using ZA Pro with Win XP-SP2.

The ZA symbol/logo in my task bar has a white arrow shown on it.
    Does that mean it is downloading?
    Anyway, this arrow shows for hours until I restart my computer, then sometimes it diasppears, then other time it returns after I restart.
    Once the arrow is there I can't
    shut down
    ZA because I get the message that says "please close all dialogs before shutting down".
    I don't know what dialogs are, so I can't close them.Could someone please tell me how I can remove the white arrow on the ZA symbol/logo and get back to normal?The overview page of ZA says that my system is up to dateThanks for the help.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.5

socalreviews Guest

Default Re: ZA will not close

Hello NM-Rancher, that white arrow means that ZAP is in the process of updating but it normally should not take that long to update. Try going into the ZAP antispyware section and click on the Update Now button to see if that finalizes the update that the program is trying to complete. There are other ZAP program updates that take place automatically and what you might have been experiencing recently is just heavy internet traffic or busy update servers. Post back in this forum for more suggestions if this continues to be a problem or post your results if the update issue does finally resolve itself.

Message Edited by SoCalReviews on 12-21-2006 04:18 AM

Thread Information