Thread: TrueVector Crashes

genezix Guest

Default TrueVector Crashes

I've tried everything I know to resolve this including patching tcpip.sys to allow more than 10 concurrent connections. Nothing helps. Something changed between ZoneAlarm 6.1.744.001 and 6.5.xxx.xxx that causes TrueVector to crash randomly. Pay attention ZoneLabs and fix it PLEASE.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.5

Default Re: TrueVector Crashes

Sometimes, another program may install its own version of the Winsock file. However, ZA products are designed to be used only with the Winsock file that ships with all current Windows versions. Try searching your entire system for the file name WSOCK32.DLL. If you find multiple copies, right-click on each filename, select Properties, then Version. The official version should be found in your SYSTEM or SYSTEM32 folder. Try renaming the unofficial versions found elsewhere to WSOCK32.OLD (don't delete them until you are certain that all of your programs work properly!).

Please first make sure that you do not have MailSafe enabled and also have your antivirus scanning email attachments. They may be conflicting. Disable the AV Monitor in the ZA and disable the Automatic Updater.

If this does not solve the problem, go to Program Control > Programs. Do any entry have a tick under Server? Mark it a "?" instead.

Also scan your computer for trojans:

http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html

http://www.ewido.net/en/onlinescan/

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

If these suggestions do not nay effecr, then try the removal of the ZA databse ( it my be corrupted) and create a new database:

Boot your computer into the Safe Mode

Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder

Delete the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files in the folder

Clean the Recycle Bin

Reboot into the normal mode

ZA will be just like new with no previous settings or data

Also are there any IMs or a Google DeskTop running?

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Did you apply the tcpip.sys patch to open more connections for a P2P program? If so which one?

genezix Guest

You know what? To be totally honest, I've been fighting this problem since 6.5 came out and both the computers I have I use a lot, so I really don't feel like messing around with things on them anymore like that. If anyone else follows those instructions who had the problem and it works for over 1 week, I'll try it. Other than that, forget it. I'm done, I'll stay at 6.1. By the way, I have no trojans, yes I did apply the tcpip patch the LvlLord one, and no I haven't done the Winsock thing, never tried that. But that's the only thing I haven't tried...and I don't feel like reloading and reloading and reloading ZoneAlarm 100 times to try and get this to work.

Message Edited by genezix on 12-21-200610:23 PM

Thread Information