Thread: Bootcamp, zonealarm sec.suite, MacDrive 6 compatibility issues HELP!

ultrasharp Guest

Default Bootcamp, zonealarm sec.suite, MacDrive 6 compatibility issues HELP!

The Problem:
    I just bought a Macbook pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo. I installed my copy of MacDrive 6.1.5 and it worked perfectly and I had no problems, That is untill I installed my copy of zonealarm security suite (newest version) and restarted to
    a nice bright "blue screen of death". I reinstalled xp and both programs a tottal of three times only to get the same BSOD everytime. I can install one or the other fine but not both. I searched the internet of any similar problems and only found this http://www.versiontracker.com/php/fe...49480#comments.
    Any suggestions would be great.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

socalreviews Guest

Default Re: Bootcamp, zonealarm sec.suite, MacDrive 6 compatibility issues HELP!

Hello ultrasharp, I read the information about MacDrive from the link you provided and other links and it certainly looks like an incompatibility between the two software programs. If there are no ZASS Program Control settings that can be adjusted for MacDrive then the only thing I can suggest is that you install ZASS 6.5 first then try disabling the ZoneAlarm OS Firewall (in ZASS under Program Control > Main > Custom button, OS Firewall tab) before trying to install MacDrive. You could even try changing the OS Firewall settings instead of fully disabling it but unfortunately I have no suggestions for what settings you would need change for this issue which is why you need to see if completely disabling the OS Firewall works at all. Next on the list of things to disable would be the antispyware component, the antivirus component, and then other components one by one. You could even use another strategy and start out by disabling almost all of the ZASS components then enable them one at a time to find out which ones are causing the incompatibility. Whatever method you decide to use this could become a tedious and time consuming venture. At some point you are disabling most of the security features in ZASS in order to have compatibility with your MacDrive program. The problem with the MacDrive program is that it is probably making changes to the Windows critical system files, Windows settings, Windows XP drive partitions, etc. which is exactly what the latest ZoneAlarm products are designed to prevent since this is what the latest spyware, adware, and viruses also try to do. Besides experimenting with the ZASS settings I suggest that you try contacting official ZoneLabs technical support with your questions relating to MacDrive 6 and see if they have any known solutions.

Message Edited by SoCalReviews on 12-23-2006 02:35 AM

Thread Information