Thread: License !!!

superclyde Guest

Default License !!!

This is out of curiosity.I have a friend who has a 3 user license of ZASS.He tells me that he can sell me a key and this key will never expire.He tells me it's perpetual key.This doesn't seem right for some reason because my keys expire after 1 year.Would someone share their thoughts on this.

Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: License !!!

It's not legal - as any proper ZA serial number will eventually expire with licensing.

superclyde Guest

I did get a strange feeling about this.This must be going on because i know of users with an unusual amount of days remaining.I can tell you that my version of ZASS is valid because i don't deal with such software.I just didn't think that this was possible and the program still be updated.

The ZA license should be said that it is a lifetime license, but the subscription itself is for a yearly or annual length of time. This means the ZA firewall will work for your lifetime, but the updates and upgrades are only received with a valid subscription. Unfortunately for a ZASS or ZAAV user, this means after the first year purchase, the antivirus and spyscanner no longer receives updates (but the firewall will function perfectly as a firewall). The ZAPro and ZAAS user still have a functioning firewall, but the spy scanner no longer receives any updates.

There are still users who have a ZAPro license from years ago and they never renewed and they just never got any updates because of that. They are quite happy using versions 2 or 3 or 4 or 5. It works fine, but they never renewed and hence never get any upgrades or updates.

So technically, after the ZASS subscription has expired, the antivirus/antispy can be disabled and the antivirus/antispy can be replaced by other antivirus/antispy scanners. But the ZA internet firewall and the ZA OS firewall will be working just fine. But it would make more sense to purchase a ZAPro license and then use other antivirus/antispy scanners to complete the suite.

Oldsod

Message Edited by Oldsod on 01-03-2007 08:21 AM

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:5.x
    Best regards.
    oldsod

I find these illegallicenses very strange - maybe they belong in a special "test" or "debug" set which don't expire.

superclyde Guest

I mean it's the same situation as i have 3 cds for ZASS and 2 have been used.They got mixed up when i bought a new home and i contacted zone labs to check if there was a way i could check for the valid one.This is the response i got.There is really no way to tell if you have used a cd before. I can only
    suggest that you check the version numbers on the cd. So is there anyway i can avoid using the same cd twice?I just didn't want to install and have to uninstall because of a previously used cd.

LOL ZA crack keys usually have some ridiculous expiration date of a few centuries.

SuperClyde. Just try installing the ZA and use the key ( take a guess). Compare the key with what is shown in the other two that are installed. That does give enough comparision to determine which one is where and which one is still unused. If it is wrong the just do a /clean uninstall with license removal:
    ZA /clean uninstall

Click on Start -> Programs -> Zone Labs
    RIGHT-click on Uninstall Zone Labs Security, then select Properties
    Under Target you will see the following line (the actual drive may be different on your system):

"C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninstexe"
    Change it to:

"C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe" /clean /rmlicense

(add a space and then the /clean /rmlicense)
    Click OK to save the new command line.

Next open ZA and turn off the load on boot option, then reboot and then run the uninstaller.This should get rid of all of ZoneAlarm
    Click on Start -> Programs -> Zone Labs -> Uninstall Zone Labs Security
    Click OK to run the uninstaller, and OK any security alerts that pop up.
    say "Yes when being prompted for the removal of all files and allow TrueVector to shut down.
    Reboot
    After rebooting, check for the following folders, and delete them if you find them:

"Internet Logs"

"Zone Labs" (under your Program Files folder)

"Zonelabs" (under your Windows System32 folder)
    Empty your recycle bin
    Reboot

Then try the next one and see what happens. You will get to find out which one is which and where.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information