Thread: why reboot when updating

cska Guest

Default why reboot when updating

I just install my ZASS and short after that an update was running.My question is why do I have to reboot my computer so that the update will be active? Is there an option that the update runs silent without promting a extra window and without having to reboot my PC? So I mean, when updating I dont see it (only the moving tray icon of course :-) ) ?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

billc Guest

Default Re: why reboot when updating

It must have been an update to the software which requires rebooting. Apparently the version you installed did not have the update with it. Where did you get the program?

cska Guest

What means "Apparently the version you installed did not have the update with it."??? After I install it the update was running.
    I had earlier ZA Pro Web Filtering with is no longer supported, so when I did un update it was written to download and install ZA SS. So I did it... but there were problems with my Kaspersky ...later I had to do an Windows reinstall (its not because of ZA) so after that I installed this downloaded ZA SS version.
    SO is this other installation? Do I have to download another install of ZA SS?

billc Guest

You said...What means "Apparently the version you installed did not have the update with it."??? That's why I asked where you got your ZASS to install. Some sites and all the CD's did not have the latest security patch in the software and if you installed it with out the patch, it would update itself just after you installed it. I hope I've made my self clear.

If you have ZASS installed, then you need not install it again. It will advise you when an update is available for you to install. It will auto-update it's antivirus definitions as needed. You should not be using ZASS antivirus and another antivirus program at the same time. You might be pleased to know that the ZASS Beta 7.0 has the Kaspersky antivirus scan engine in it. When released, the new ZASS will have Kaspersky in it and you'll be entitled to the upgrade.

cska Guest

yes, I already know about ZASS 7 and willl wait the release.
    ok, now I dont have to install it again, but maybe I will reinstall my Windows later, so it makes sence to install ZASS with the latest security patch. SO where and how can I download it with the latest security patch? Please give my the download site or whatever...
    thanks

billc Guest

You can find the ZASS downloads here . You can try the ZASS Beta 7 through the link at the top of the forum if your interested.

Thread Information