Thread: SignIn & Email Notify Question

Hybrid View

cska Guest

Default SignIn & Email Notify Question

hi
    sorry to ask here about this, but I have difficulties to set up my forum profil.1. Is
    it not possible to regist with name containing numbers, for ex. "xxx123" ?
    I get error "Login contains invalid content."
    2.How do I have to set up my profil so that I will be email notified only about snswers to my post and NOT tobe notified about my posts too. For ex. I start new theme, someone answers and I get email, then I reply (no email) and get email about his answer.... Its usual and possible
    in the most forums.
    Im confused because of the many options at the end of the window when I write a post/answer.
    Can someone help my please?

Default Re: SignIn & Email Notify Question

Lets see If I can help.First, the username. I am not sure. You can have numbers in your username,others have them, butno spaces allowed. Could that have been your problem?As for the e-mail, that isn't done in preferences, but on a per post method. At the bottom, when you start a thread, ore respond to one, There is a box that will set it so an e-mail will be sent to you.Below that is an option about keeping the message at the top of the board. This is used if you want the message to be at the top of the list of messages no matter what page you are on in that particular board. Over to the right, there are three links. Cancel Post, which does just that, Edit AS HTML, which is a different way to edit using standard HTML tags, and preview post which lets you see what the post you just wrote will look like before you click the submit button. Below that there is an attachment box. Just browse to the file you want to attach, but I suggest using this rarely. As there are people on dialup and attachments take a long time to download. Also, if English isn't your native language and you don't know it well, just post in your native language. We have folks from all over that can translate, or we can find someone who does. That way there won't be a miscommunication.
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

cska Guest

when I try to regist with "cska133" (without "" ) I get error "Login contains invalid content."
    X-( No spaces...Maybe you can give a try???!

Message Edited by cska on 01-07-200701:46 AM

Best I can do is ask the moderator about it. If I hear anything back I will let you know. Did the rest help you out? If you have any questions, even about the interface, just ask. We try to answer just about anything. We may move the question, but we try.

cska Guest

thanks a lot, I appreciate it.If I find out smth about the Login let me know

thanks

I found out the problem with the numbers in the login. A while back there was a problem with some users abusing the forum, and the numbers in the usernames had to be turned off, because that was one way they were abusing the board. It doesn't sound like they will be turning it back on any time soon.

Thread Information