Thread: ZA suite with quicktime plugin

mantis Guest

Default ZA suite with quicktime plugin

Hi All

I have installed the trial version of ZA but since then I cant play video from the Firefox browser using the quicktime plugin - it just plays a few frames. I have tried fiddling about with the program access rights but nfg, and tried grren ticking all the boxes in privacy for those websites and deleting the cache but still no dice. If I turn ZA off it will play fine. Has anyone else had this problem?

Operating System: Windows 2000 Pro
    Product Name: ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version: 6.5

Operating System:Windows 2000 Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

billc Guest

Default Re: ZA suite with quicktime plugin

One thing you could try is to go to your ZASS > Program Control > Programs, locate the Firefox entry, right click on it, select 'options', then uncheck the box labeled 'enable Privacy for this program' under filtering.

Or, you could add the site from which you wish to view a QT video this way. Go to your ZASS Privacy > Site List, click on the 'add' button, enter the site's URL, then click 'ok'. Now locate the site you just entered on the Site List, right click on it and select 'options'. Next go through all three tabs to uncheck everything and click 'apply' as you go through each tab. Now clean your browser cache and try the site again.

Both of these options should work.

stroye Guest

Hi
    Just looking at the second suggestion in BillC's reply, and I have thought of something I used sometime ago now, to allow QuickTime plugin to work. I haven't used QuickTime for a long time, but the URL that I had to allow full access before the plugin would work, is: http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab
    this allowed it to work on any site. Don't know if this URL is still current, if not, you could look for something similar, and as BillC has said,
    add this to the Site List.
    Try giving it unrestricted access at first, I recommend at first, giving this particular URL a green tick in every box (left to right across)
    to see if it works or not. If it works you can then, selectively go back and put a cross in certain boxes to give a little more security
    as you wish, and retry each time.

Message Edited by Stroye on 01-12-200707:44 PM

Message Edited by Stroye on 01-12-200707:52 PM

stroye Guest

Hi Bill
    It seems like an apology is in order. I rather hurriedly replied while a had the thought in mind. I now realise that I may well have hijacked your answer. My contribution was meant to be read as an addition (just something else to try). However I recognise I shouldn t have made any direct reference to your original answer here. I will certainly be mindful of this in the future. Hope there is no bad feeling.
    Stroye
    (Steve UK)

Thread Information