Thread: QUERIES/PROBLEMS WITH ZA7 (OFFICIAL)

mikehunt Guest

Default QUERIES/PROBLEMS WITH ZA7 (OFFICIAL)

Hi there.

Firstly, I've been using ZA6.5 for over a year now without any problems so was very excited about the new version 7 being released.

However, after installing yesterday I have gone back to 6.5 for the time being until a revised version appears to address the problems which are obviously there (based on my experience and also other posters on this forum). With regards to my problems/concerns, they are as follows:-

1) From the time of the desktop appearing on boot up, it takes a long time for ZA and everything else to load up. There seems to be a point where everything just goes on hold for between 30secs-1min.

2) Slow response of everything else - programs opening, websites loading and also the interface in ZA itself. For example, clicking on the product info tab results in about a 5sec delay before it appears. In ZA6.5 everything is very slick and fast - it just seems to be really unresponsive to me.

3) The problem reported elsewhere with the annoying Microsoft "Anti Virus out of date" appearing all the time even though according to ZA the system is up to date. I realise you can disable the warning but surely that's just an easy workaround rather than a proper fix.

4) The time it takes to do an antivirus scan is over 1 hour whereas ZA6.5 completes in about 12mins. Maybe the new engine is more thorough and hence the longer time but it seems very excessive.

And these are the main reasons I have gone back to 6.5 which works flawlessly and seems far more responsive.

Before I'm asked what other processes I have running, there are only 14 at start up which include ZA. I use Ultimate Troubleshooter to choose what is started up and I have chosen only the key essentials for my system. In terms of system, key components are an AMD FX60 CPU, 2gb ram, 250gbx2 hdds, nVidia SLi and regular defragging with PerfectDisk. I make sure no **bleep** is installed to keep things running smoothly.

Anyway, at the moment, I'm very disappointed with v7 and hope a future release can address these issues which I know other users are experiencing also.

Any thoughts/comments would be good and if you need to know anything more about my system that's fine too.

Thanks for your help.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:7.0

Default Re: QUERIES/PROBLEMS WITH ZA7 (OFFICIAL)

Hi!first of all thanks for the detailed list. I would recommend you contact ZA technical support for your problems:http://www.zonelabs.com/tsform This is the only way to draw attention onyour problem and troubleshoot it. This a user forumand it is not monitored by ZAlabs.1.What I have seen is that onlyafter a week or more of use (and with Auto-learn activated) the startup issue willimprove.30 seconds is not bad...unless you need to startup you PC every 5 minutesthat is usually not the case for a normal user.2. Not normal... really you should not see this. I have not seen it so far even if I have installed ZASS 7 on pretty outdated PCs. 3. Yes, this is known to technical support and they are working on a fix. In any case, WSC is a pretty useless tool nowadays. ZASS is able to update itself properly and warn the user if it is out of date.4. Unfortunately, this is a KAV SDK issue. The engine is slower than CA. But I prefer a slower scan then to have a poor/average AV installed. In any case you do not need to scanyour HD for viruses every day or every week(if you keep your ZASS AV active and updated).What I would suggest (and probably technical support will suggest the same) is to try to run your PC only withOS services and software... so no perfect diskor anything elsethat is not part of the standardXP installation (including your ultimate troubleshooter).And please report to technical support. It is the only thing important thatyou can do to get your problem fixed.Thanks,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 01-17-2007 03:48 AM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

mikehunt Guest

Thanks.

Have done.

You're welcomeFax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information