Thread: zonealarm and limited user profile

Hybrid View

krishan Guest

Default zonealarm and limited user profile

Hello

I had my pc lock up and end up in booting loops till I did a total system recovery after editing user profiles in XP media edition. I haded a limited prev. user profile, zonealarm pro does not operate in such a profile I think, it needs administrator prev., so it crashed.

Not ideal, security software should always run in limited user profile as well.

regards

krishan

Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.5

Default Re: zonealarm and limited user profile

It does run in limited user profile. Did you install under an admin account? Also are you using the quick user switching?
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

krishan Guest

That is a:
    yes
    yes

I now understand you have to login as the user and then select "run as" and switch to admin account
    Also, are you suggesting quick user switching will not work, however, I think I was doing quick user switching.
    Every thing was running fine on the compaq admin account, then I opened a new admin account and also a user account.

When I entred the new admin account no problem. I then logged off and logged in as new user account, lockup, crash PC. REboot loop.

krishan

FYI: if you are running Windows XP you can prevent the reboot loop, so when the PC crashes it goes to the BSOD screen and you can read the error message and/or restart the PC (e.g. in safe mode to trouble shoot, or normal mode on a different account, etc.)
    Control panel, system applet, advanced tab, in system startup and recovery section click settings, uncheck automatically restart, click OK, Apply, OK.

krishan Guest

ok, yes I understand, thanks for that
    krishan

Thread Information