Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: free ZA7 installation glitch

Default Re: free ZA7 installation glitch

Unfortunately there are just to many different computer configurations with different software packages installed to do that. But I understand your point.
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

johnnybob Guest

Why?Why doesn't the installer first scan for running processes and software, and shut down those that would interfere? Why does the user have to do that?Why is the uninstall process problematical, leaving remnants, sometimes crashing the computer? I have experience with that end of it too, and one such crash caused by ZoneAlarm back in June 2006 required me to reformat and reinstall my op system.The ZA 6.5 version was a major lemon, so I had to roll back to 6.1 til 7.0 came out.ZoneAlarm is dangerous software, no doubt about it, and it has that reputation.How long can you continue with such a black reputation?Suggestion: Unless you turn it around and make ZA more reliable and user friendly, I submit that you will probably go out of business within 1-2 years.

As for the install, look at it from other users point of view. They would scream if the ZA installer shut down anything. They already scream about what it does do. As for the uninstall, there is nothing I can say, except the majority of people don't have a problem, and of those that do, most of them won't help ZoneLabs try and fix the problems. And not trying to be condescending or smug, or anything like that, but I have been using ZA since version 2. I have been helping people on the forum since it opened. And there have been talk of a black reputation, and prophesies about the company going out of business, But I have to say, I just don't see it. Only a small number of users have problems of any sort other than trying to make customizations. ZoneAlarm still seems to be going strong.
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information