Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zone Alarm 7.0.302 Blocks my IRC

it_is_me Guest

Default Zone Alarm 7.0.302 Blocks my IRC

And I cannot get it connected again after installing the latest version of ZoneAlarm free.
    lowering level didn't work
    I cannot find those IM Security settings I keep reading about
    Please help!

Operating System:Windows 2000 Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:7.0

billc Guest

Default Re: Zone Alarm 7.0.302 Blocks my IRC

Those IM settings are not found in Zone Alarm Free. But there is a possibility those settings could have been enabled without your ability to change them short of a database reset. Reset the database this way; you will lose your customizations and will need to reconfigure Zone Alarm.

1. Boot your computer into the Safe Mode. {Instructions if needed}
    2. Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder.
    3. Delete the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files in the folder.
    4.Reboot into the normal mode.

it_is_me Guest

Thanks for your responce.
    I have rebooted in save mode and removed the two files. Nontheless after restarting nothing has been changed and I am still not able to connect to IRC
    Is there anywhere I can download my old and trusted version of ZoneAlarm because this is an absurdity. Escpecially when I get a message that it is indeed ZoneAlarm blocking my access.
    I have been using ZoneAlarm without any problem for many many years and I cannot understand what I'm doing wrong here (besides using the free version)
    Is there somewhere where I can download the ZoneLabs version?

billc Guest

There sure is... Zone Alarm Free versions . I'm not sure what's blocking your IRC in Zone Alarm Free 7.0. Frankly nothing should be blocking it.

I'd suggest you first do a clean uninstall of Zone Alarm 7. Go into the start menu locate the zonelabs entry and right click on the uninstaller and select properties. Now in the target box you must add a space and then /clean to the end so that it looks something like this "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe" /clean click apply and then OK. Next open ZA and turn off the load on boot option, then reboot and then run the uninstaller.This should get rid of all of ZoneAlarm. Now go to your windows temp folder and delete everything. Find the folder named Internet logs and delete it then empty your recycle bin.

it_is_me Guest

Hi, those downloads now redirect to the main download page aking downloading older versions from the zonelabs site impossible.
    I now have located a version "zlsSetup_65_731_000_en.exe" on some obscure website and I'm going to install that (or as needed an even older version)
    I never thought I would ever need to downgrade security software..
    Thanks for your help.

it_is_me Guest

I have downgraded the installation and reverted back to the last zonelabs version.
    Now I can connect to IRC again - Finally.
    I wasted my whole day on a simple update

billc Guest

Glad you got it fixed. I'm not sure what's going on...when I click on the link I posted, then click on any of the downloads, I get the usual 'save' or 'run' box.

it_is_me Guest

I dont feel confortable with this 'fix' though.. running an outdated version of security software.
    When I click http://dl2.zonelabs.com/bin/free/102...731_000_en.exe
    I surely get redirected to http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/home.jsp
    for sure.

billc Guest

Sorry. You are right. When I went to the link I posted and tried some downloads they worked. Apparently I did not try the one for v6.5.731.000 but I did try earlier versions. The proper download link is :http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...731_000_en.exe The link on the Release History page is http://dl2.zonelabs.com/bin/free/102...731_000_en.exe I think that's a goof by Zone Labs. Someone put in the wrong or outdated URL. Thanks for finding it.

it_is_me Guest

Ah, yeah I didn't check any of the other links on the page.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information